Thursday, May 15

80's Cartoons


My parents believe that watching TV makes young children dumber so we didn't have one until somewhere around 1990. Even then it was only used for movies. I think that was a good decision on my parent's part. My brother and I had to amuse ourselves and we ended up reading a lot.
But when we had opportunities to watch TV-at Ethel's while she and my mom visited, at friend's houses or at a babysitter's-it was like magic. We were transfixed. The memory of those shows still holds a little magic.

Here are my favorites:

Smurfs

Inspector Gadget


G.I. Joe

Transformers

Teddy Ruxpin

Fraggle Rock

He-Man

She-Ra


4 comments:

Linds said...

Smurfs = LOVE!

Anonymous said...

I watched a LOT of TV I didn't turn out so bad. Overweight to be certain but not... that dumb...

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Smurfs gave me nightmares as a child. It could have been that damn blanket by itself and not the Smurfs themselves...

thomas dickensheets said...

1980 toys are back!

Teddy Ruxpin

www.teddyruxpin.com

Madballs

www.madballs.com