Tuesday, May 13

Vegans



For about 10 minutes this morning, between breakfast when I had milk with my cereal and when I packed my lunch, I was a vegan. Some friends of mine have gone from vegetarian to vegan and they like the results; or Loralee does anyway. She looks great and says she feels better. Sooooo, I thought, why not give it a try?


But when I told my mom she disuaded me. "Fish is good for you", she said. "It's brain food. Jesus ate a lot of fish." Oh, yeah. It hadn't really registered in my mind that being vegan would mean not eating fish. That would be really hard now that I've got tuna sandwiches nailed down. Add capers, dill and a dash of lemon juice, in a wheat pita with lettuce, tomatoes and cheddar cheese (optional). Yes, please.


So the vegan lifestyle was even shorter lived than my usual whims and fancies, which doesn't make my resolve look very good, but at least I enjoyed a great lunch.

2 comments:

Loralee said...

Well, it was a good effort on your part anyway. Ha.

Linds said...

Things I love... resolve that lasts for ten minutes!